Training doesn't cost . . . It Pays!
Interview & Interrogation
Sandy City Police Department
Dates: November 9, 10, 11, 2021
Location: Sandy Police Department
10000 S. Centennial Parkway, Sandy, Utah 84070
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 5:00 PM
Course Length: 3 days
Class Type: Lecture
Lunch: 1 Hour - Not provided
Instructor: Gary Aschenbach Sr.
Required Materials: Highlighter 5-pack
Assorted Ink Colors (Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green & Blue)
Available at | Walmart | Office Depot | Amazon |
Complete 3-Day workshop only $440.00
Please make checks payable to: Law Tech Consultants
Mail to: Law Tech Consultants, 8328 Woodland Rd., Pasadena, MD 21122
To use your favorite credit card please call us at (410) 360-8005
It is the goal of this course to familiarize both new and seasoned investigators with the various disciplines of "detecting deception." This is accomplished though learning to recognize non-verbal body language, eye-assessing cues (neurolinguistics), and by being introduced to the newest form of conducting a detailed analysis of verbal and written statements. This unique course offers investigators insight as to what a person is actually saying, and, most importantly, what they are not saying. Additionally, the attendees are challenged to analyze a variety of written statements including the infamous cases of Susan Smith, Jon-Benet Ramsey, and O.J. Simpson. Other more contemporary cases are reviewed, including a suspicious death in Alaska, an alleged suicide of a Washington state trooper, and cases of fraud, rape, and theft. The students will also view multiple recorded sessions of actual interviews. The students are also invited to participate in group and individual class assignments involving factual cases.
- Analyze verbal and written statements.
- Identify the most common interviewing pitfalls.
- Identify open and closed ended questions, evasive verbal responses, and non-verbal body language.
- Utilize techniques to establishing a "Power of Influence."
- State the ten steps of an interrogation that can prompt a voluntary confession.
Overview of Topics:Students in this course will become familiar with:
- Avoiding Interviewing Pitfalls
- Verbal Lie Detection
- Open and Closed Ended Questions
- Teaching the Subject to Lie
- Non-Verbal Body Language
- Evasive Verbal Responses
- Mandated Interview Questions
- Analyzing Verbal and Written Statements
- Dignity and Confession
- Establishing a "Power of Influence"
- Understanding the Common Myths of Miranda
- Voluntary Confessions