ary Aschenbach Jr. has been a Special Agent with the United States Department of Defense since 2005. He has conducted in excess of 450 personnel interviews that are primarily focused on national security, intelligence gathering and other related safety measures and crimes. In January 2007, he was selected to attend the prestigious National Center for Credibility Assessment, formerly the Defense Academy of Credibility Assessment, Ft. Jackson, South Carolina where he successfully completed an intensive four month training program in Forensic Psychophysiology and was certified as a federal polygraph examiner.
To date he has conducted over 1300 polygraph examinations while employing his learned techniques in detecting deception in human behavior. He holds the Senior Polygraph Examiner classification and as such is considered to be an expert in the field of detecting deception. He is regularly sought after to conduct special interest polygraph examinations on behalf of the U.S. government.
Gary attended Anne Arundel Community College which has been awarded "Community College of the Year" by the National Alliance of Business. On more than one occasion, he was awarded the prestigious "Honors List Certificate" in recognition of outstanding academic performance. In 2001 he earned an Associate of Applied Sciences degree in "Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement Option". He then earned his bachelor's degree in Management Studies from the University of Maryland - University College (UMUC).
In 1999 Gary was hired by Law-Tech Consultants, LLC and subsequently obtained his license and certification by the Maryland State Police as a private investigator and authorized to carry a concealed weapon in the performance of his duties. His experience found him involved in a myriad of criminal and civil investigations that include wrongful deaths, insurance fraud, police brutality, workplace violence, theft and others. As a result, he gained invaluable experience relating to:
- Extensive, long term mobile and stationary surveillances
- Forensic Statement Analysis (verbal & written)
- Case of Insurance fraud for such companies as Beckett Brown International, Inc.
- Multitude of National "Skip Trace" cases to locate missing/negligent persons
- Employment, pre-hire and background verifications
- Cases involving child custody
- Long term cases of suspected theft involving Dunkin' Donuts
- Fraudulent check investigations
- Witness testimony of a Workers' Compensation Claim case
- Court record researches in: Princes Georges, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City/County, Washington D.C., Virginia, Nebraska and Utah
- Conducted investigations using Motor Vehicle Administration, Workers' Compensation, and Maryland Judicial Information System
- Witness/Suspect interviews
- Initiated specialized databases for nationwide access to over 17 billion records
- As of December 2008 he conducted 450 investigative interviews
To continue his education and expertise further training has been received from:
- Successfully completed the Psychophysiology Detection of Deception program provided by the Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment (DACA) and became a certified polygraph examiner.
- Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, three days Interview & Interrogation and Statement Analysis offered by St. Petersburg College, Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Task Force Training
- Waupun, Wisconsin, five days Layered Voice Analysis (LVA) training and became a certified analyzer
- Five days Kinesics Interviewing training
- Five days training for using interpretors in polygraph examinations
- Five days training pertaining to counterintelligence interviews and interrogation
- Five days of training pertaining to elicitation interviewing
- Advanced Polygraph and Interview Techniques provided by the Maryland Polygraph Association
- Database training from California on the proper method of conducing multi-data source electronic searches.
- Attended and successfully completed extensive training on proper handgun use as required by the Maryland State Police via Oracle Surveillance Systems, LTD.
- Multiple days of training by the Investigative Training Institute at Catonsville Community College on locating "Public Records".
Gary is a former adjunct instructor at the Community College of Baltimore County, in Maryland (CCBC) where he taught a three credit course about the fundamentals of the private investigative profession.